Monday, February 18, 2008

Maybe it's God speaking

God uses so many things to teach His children and for that I am grateful. I am still listening to the same book in the car, a silly fantasy and God seems to use it in odd ways. Today there was a thought that I found very profound. It wasn't intended the way I took it and yet.....

Here is the thought: "She had been given a gift and the cost of it was that she had to give it back. And the reward of it was...that she would have to give it back...*"

I am often struck by how little I have to offer God, however we are given gifts. I am not just speaking of the gifts of the Spirit but simple every day or not so every day gifts. Perhaps you can sing or play an instrument. God intends you to use that for His glory. Perhaps that is the cost, but it is also the reward. God knows how little we can do on our own so He bestows gifts upon us for our enjoyment and His glory. I can remember when I was a child every Sunday at church my grandmother placed a few coins in my hand so that I could give in the offering. I had no means to earn my own money and I was certainly not worthy of the gift (I was in fact a bit naughty!) but I was given a gift, so that I could give. God, like my grandmother, gives me gifts so that I can give. I cannot earn or repay these gifts but I can give them back for His glory.



*The name of the book is The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett

0 comments: