Monday, February 11, 2008

Journaling my way to God?

Who knows, maybe it will help. I have noticed though, when I don't spend time with God daily, everything suffers, everything. The little things and the big things are a lot harder to handle. The kids are more difficult, my husband is more cranky and I am depressed and discouraged. I overeat and I underthink (not a word I know but somehow fits). Focus on what I should do is lost. I recently heard a sermon about the judgment seat; the moment when we will receive our reward. Reward? I forgot about that! I have only been thinking about why the kids are yelling and why my husband is always so cranky! How am I ever going to stop this cycle with food and how am I going to get it all done when all I want to do is zone out in front of the TV? Reward, huh? Now that's something to think about.

Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on things above, not on things of the earth.
The Greek as far as I can tell (I am no scholar) means "Set your affection on.." or to be mentally disposed more or less earnestly in a certain direction (Strong's definition). I have had no direction lately and that is dangerous. When you aren't headed in a certain direction you are easily turned. I certainly have been easily turned.

0 comments: