Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Daily Supply

Spurgeon's Daily Devotional today was on:
"And his allowance was a continual allowance given him of the king, a daily rate for every day, all the days of his life."
2 Kings 25:30

Spurgeon speaks of the need for a daily portion of God's strength. It occurred to me how often the Bible speaks of that:

  • the Israelites were to collect Manna every day except for Sunday and only what they needed for that day. If they collected more than what they needed it went bad. God expected them to go to Him each day for their food.
  • ....give us this day our daily bread..... It doesn't say "give us enough for this week" but just enough for this day.
  • We are told in Matthew not to worry about tomorrow. Focus only on today.
I am always feeling overwhelmed with all that I have to accomplish in a week. God tells me however, that I need to focus on today only. I need to go to Him today and seek strength for today and He and I will deal with today together. There is no more I can or should do.

0 comments: