Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gentle reminders....

2 Chronicles 28: 22-23
Now in the time of his distress this same King Ahaz became yet more unfaithful to the Lord. For he sacrificed to the gods of Damascus which had defeated him, and said, "Because the gods of the kinds of Aram helped them, I will sacrifice to them that they may help me." But they became the downfall of him and all Israel.

Friday night I was in a time of distress. I was so discouraged, I did not even want to read my Bible. "Lord," I prayed "I have nothing to offer you. No prayer to give, all I can do is just read Your word and hope that You will minister to me"

My eyes fell on 2 Chronicles 28: 22-23. A reminder from my Lord that my idols will not save me from my distress, instead they will be my downfall. I need to trust and lean on the Lord and cry out to Him for my deliverance. The things the world can offer may give temporary satisfaction but they will be my downfall and may affect my whole family.

It is a simple thing to trust......yet still so difficult.

0 comments: