Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rebuilding the Ancient Ruins…

…And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; you will raise up the age-old foundations; and you will be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell…

Isaiah 58:11-12

Spiritual Warfare…..how real, how easy mistaken for just the daily difficulties of life.   How like Elijah- we climb Mount Carmel so confident in the Lord’s work only to run from Jezebel…how desperate we are for God.  How ignorant we often are of that need.

I have been fasting each Monday since Near began and I have set my heart to seek and run after God.   I have stood on the mountain and declared the power of God and huddled in my bed with tears streaming in discouragement. 

The above passage from Isaiah follows God’s call for fasting.

Is this not the fast I choose to loosen the bonds of wickedness….

And if you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted

Then your light will rise in darkness…

We are often told that nothing worthwhile comes easy.  I will keep crying, I will keep seeking and when I can no longer run I will crawl.

Jesus, can I have more of you?

0 comments: