Thursday, August 6, 2009

It occurred to me......

Sometimes I threaten to spit at God!


Let me explain........this is Tia. Tia is our new guard Llama. I think she is beautiful and I love her. Just because. She has decided, however, that she does not love me. Not even a little. In fact this is her demeanor whenever I am around.......

and if I try to get any closer she lays her ears back, lifts her head and lets me know if no uncertain terms that if step any closer, she.is.going.to.spit.!! That's all fine and well, except the gnats are kinda bad this year and I really wanted to give her a bit of relief from their pesturing using a bit of fly spray. I know, it stinks and the spray can be a bit unnerving; but as we well know comfort and necessity rarely go hand in hand. I gave up. Llama spit is pretty gross.

And as often is the case, my mind turned to my relationship with God:

Rachel, you know that pet sin is really wrecking havoc in your life.....could I just.....

No, you cannot! Don't get any closer! I am perfectly happy with this sin and I think I will hang on to a little while longer, thank you very much.

And being the gentleman that He is, God does as I ask. He will not force His will on me, even when it is for my own good. He will simply wait, until I am ready to submit to His perfect way.

0 comments: