Monday, June 1, 2009

Obediance = Love

2 Cor 5:14 ‘For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.’

The Bible tells us that Christ's love compels us (some version use the word constrain) to live for Him, to consider ourselves dead to our own will and alive to His alone.

compel: to cause to do or occur by overwhelming pressure; to urge forcefully or irresistibly

Lord, cause me to be overwhelmed by Your love. So much so that it forces me to obey, that it leaves me no choice by to live by Your will alone. Help me to understand that it was by Your love for me that I was drawn out of the pit before I even understood my need. Please help me to learn to truly love you by walking in obediance.

0 comments: